ANYONE OVER 16 is welcome to join the SPR – students, researchers in all disciplines, and members of the public from all walks of life.
Membership does not imply acceptance of any particular opinion concerning the nature or reality of the phenomena examined. The SPR holds no corporate view, and members hold a range of perspectives.
CLICK ON THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE FOR A NEW APPLICATION OR RENEWAL.
If you are not ready to join just yet, you can sign up to our mailing list for news of SPR activities. Sign up to our mailing list only.
Members (Subscriptions to publications do not include the additional Members' benefits)
- receive quarterly issues of the SPR Journal and Magazine and may access them online
Additional benefits for Members only:
- gain free admission to lectures, reduced admission to other events
- may borrow books (in the UK only) from the SPR’s well-stocked library, in person or by post
- gain free access to the publications of the SPR, since 1882, contained in the Lexscien online library system (this is a separate third-party website)
Discounts There are discounts for students (full-time), senior citizens and anyone receiving state benefits, and for members of the Parapsychological Association. ‘Donor’ members help support the SPR by paying a valuable charitable donation in addition to the annual fee. Joint membership is available for an extra £10, sharing a single set of publications.
Newcomers join as Associate Members and are automatically invited to become Full Members after a period. Benefits and subscription fees are the same, but Full Members may also vote in the Annual General Meeting.
Please note that membership of the Society may not be used for professional advertising purposes (see Member Guidelines).
Annual Membership Subscription Fees (these subscriptions include publications and Members' benefits)
- Regular, £84
- Donor, £112
- Parapsychological Association Members' rate, £76
- Concession (over 60/benefits), £56 (Please be sure to complete your Date of Birth, if you are applying for this rate on the grounds that you are Over 60.)
- Full-time Student, £42
- Regular, £98
- Concession (over 60/benefits), £70 (Please be sure to complete your Date of Birth, if you are applying for this rate on the grounds that you are Over 60.)
Publications Only (These subscriptions are for hard copies of publications only. They DO NOT INCLUDE Members' benefits such as free/discounted Events, Online download of publications, or use of the libraries.)
- Subscription to SPR Journal, £56
- Subscription to The Magazine of the SPR, £28
- Subscription to SPR Journal & Magazine, £84
- Click here for membership/subscription application or renewal