The purpose of the BICS Essay Contest is to (a) help energize the field of Survival of Consciousness after Death research both nationally and internationally, (b) to delineate the current “state of the art” around the world in research on, and thinking about, Survival of Human Consciousness after Death and (c) to stimulate discussion and thus to encourage more individuals and groups to learn about Survival.
The process for applying to BICS and submitting an essay is simple:
Step 1 Application: log onto the BICS website www.bigelowinstitute.org and fill out, sign and upload the Essay Competition Application Form. You have until February 28, 2021 to submit your application.
Step 2 Approval: You will receive an email from BICS approving your entry into the competition
Step 3 Essay Submission: You have until August 1, 2021 to submit an essay of 25,000 words on Best Evidence for Survival of Human Consciousness after Death.
Winners will be announced November 1, 2021.
Winning Essay will be awarded $500,000
Second Place: $300,000
Third Place $150,000
Please send this information to any colleagues, or networks of colleagues who you think may be interested in this opportunity.
The contest is open to qualified people globally although essays must be in English.
Here are a few examples of the kinds of backgrounds and countries of people who might be qualified to submit an application to the BICS website. The list is by no means complete.
- a scientist, a post-doctoral fellow, a medical doctor, or a nurse with a long term interest in survival of consciousness after death
- a member of a mediumship or séance circle in any country that has been having direct recorded evidential experiences with mediums and with “spirits” over the years
- a hospice worker, a hospice doctor or a nurse that has personally witnessed terminal lucidity or deathbed visions/apparitions in people under your care
- a film maker or documentary producer that has done work on the topic of survival of human consciousness after death
- a religious devotee from a particular faith that has studied the afterlife or survival of human consciousness after death
- a theoretical physicist that has formulated models of human consciousness that may have led, or could lead, to testable hypotheses
- a neuroscientist that has gathered data or theoretical insight that consciousness may exist independently of the brain and may ultimately survive bodily death
- an electronics engineer or a gifted sound technician that has studied Instrumented Transcommunication (ITC) including Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) and gathered data over the years
- a member of a research institute in India, Japan or China that has studied Near Death Experiences or ancestor influences (psychological, medical or physiological) on living people in your country
- a post-doctoral student in religious studies in any university or research institute that has looked into survival of human consciousness after death
- a scientist or researcher that has studied mediumship from a biological, medical or experiential perspective
- a college degree and have had a burning or long term interest in this topic and have devoted years to studying it, and you has written a paper (peer reviewed, or commercial publication) on this topic
- a medical resident in a teaching hospital in United States, Canada, Europe or other country with some experience and an interest in NDEs in patients with whom you have worked
- a doctor or a nurse in a Brazilian, Jamaican, Portuguese or other national hospital that has had a lot of experience in spiritualist or spiritist practice with particular medical outcomes
- a psychiatrist or a psychiatric nurse with some personal experience and/or a long term interest in people claiming past life memories or interaction with “spirits”
Please inform your colleagues that Application Forms must be submitted to BICS website (www.bigelowinstitute.org ) by February 28, 2021 in order to be approved to submit an essay. Once you are approved, you have until August 1, 2021 to submit an essay and winners will be announced November 1, 2021.
Colm A. Kelleher Ph.D.
Bigelow Institute for Consciousness Studies,
1899, West Brooks Avenue,
North Las Vegas